Full Job Description
Are you a graphic designer with a passion for both print and digital design? Do you like to travel? Does the idea of working with well-known clients across the country excite you? If so, keep reading!
Honored as one of the best places to work in Kansas City by Ingram’s Magazine, TriStar Event Media has an immediate opening for an experienced and talented graphic designer. Our graphic designers work with some of the largest and most highly regarded medical associations in the country alongside our project teams of writers, editors and digital specialists. Our business involves traveling to popular meeting cities across the country for onsite design work, so you won’t be chained to your desk every day.
The successful candidate will work on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines while maintaining high design standards in a fast-paced (and fun) environment. This position requires a strong grasp of both print and digital design. Experience designing for print publications, WordPress websites, mobile apps, and email marketing and social media campaigns is essential. Strong organizational skills and self-motivation are required, as our designers are responsible for managing their own workload. Some client interaction may be required, and inter-departmental collaboration is essential.
Digital Projects: You will be responsible for the look and feel of meeting news websites, mobile apps, email campaigns and social media graphics for our association partners. You will work closely with our digital team to ensure cohesive branding across platforms.
Print Projects: Working with other graphic designers, editors, our sales team and production personnel from concept to completion, you will design, lay out and send print publications to press. This includes daily newspapers, meeting planners and preliminary programs.
Marketing Projects (internal and external): You will design custom media kits, visually stimulating sales proposals and marketing reports, email marketing campaigns and robust marketing presentations that require great attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field with a minimum of four years of professional experience designing print publications, websites, emails, social media graphics and mobile app graphics
- Seasonal travel in the spring and fall may be required, including some weekend work (Travel with a companion once a year, on us!)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Id, Ai, Ps, Xd)
- Expert knowledge of typography rules and styles for publication design and layout
- Talent and creativity to prepare designs, mockups and artwork in accordance with internal and external branding guidelines while also meeting standards of the graphic arts and prepress industries
- Experience with WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite and Hubspot
- Experience with XML tagging
- Photography experience
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a “grace under pressure” mentality
- Desire to keep abreast of current design trends and software
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage the work of self and others
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Strong focus on customer service
- Ability to travel to association events as necessary
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during association events
- Bonus points for video editing experience using Adobe Creative Cloud tools
TriStar offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees that includes health and vision insurance, mobile phone allowance, one paid companion flight annually, compensation time for weekend work and more.
Job Type: Remote
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
TriStar employees are currently working from home due to COVID-19. Our eventual return to the office environment will be based on public health guidance and will include a combination of in-office work and working from home.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Temporarily due to COVID-19